Arrange a Viewing
The current EPC rating of this property is 35 (grade f), while the potential is 69 (grade c)
Energy Efficiency Rating
Very energy efficient - lower running costs
- 92–100 A
- 81–91 B
- 69–80 C
- 55–68 D
- 39–54 E
- 21–38 F
- 1–20 G
England, Scotland & Wales
- Detached Victorian Property
- Laid over Three Floors
- Four Double Bedrooms and Single Bedroom
- Three Reception Rooms including Music Room
- Traditional Kitchen with Aga
- Two En Suites and Family Bathroom
- Private Parking with Four Car Garage
- Idyllic Location with Views over Pendle Hill
- Viewing Highly Recommended
Prospect House is a Victorian, stone built detached property, originally built in 1842. proudly standing in the idyllic Ribble Valley village of Grindleton, boasting spectacular rolling lawns and mature conifers this five bedroom family home has been finished to an immaculate standard and infuses period features with spacious internal living accommodation. With open aspect views across the Ribble Valley and Pendle Hill this home offers a sense of rural seclusion whilst remaining in easy access of local towns and amenities. The property briefly comprises; to the ground floor a grand entrance hall with open winding staircase to the first floor, beautifully carved medium oak architraves and double oak doors to the music room, the dining room, cloakroom and office. The music room is breath-taking with its solid split level Japanese Oak flooring, acoustic pine front elevated wall and wall to wall feature windows and French doors. Through the lounge you are taken to a recently installed traditional kitchen with solid granite work surfaces and AGA range oven. To the first floor; two double bedrooms with limed oak fitted furniture and co-ordinated window frames, both benefitting from en suite bathrooms and a dressing room to the master. To the second floor; three further bedrooms and a four piece family bathroom suite. Externally the property benefits from private parking to the side and access to a four car electric garage and workshop with a separate shared courtyard to the side. A raised breakfast patio terrace overlooks the local countryside and would be the perfect spot for entertaining or alfresco dining. Viewing is highly recommended to appreciate the size and quality of home on offer.
- Entrance Hallway
- Medium oak front entrance door leading into the hallway with bespoke stained glass windows, winding staircase leading to the first floor with medium oak balustrade, medium oak skirting boards, medium oak stretch of windows and patio doors leading out to a rear terrace, original bespoke architraves to the ceiling, three Victorian central heating radiators, Japanese oak floor, doors leading to the cloakroom, dining room, office and the music room.
- Two piece suite comprising of a wash basin and low level WC, slate tiled flooring, four hard wood frosted windows, central heating radiator and centre light point.
- Music Room
36'6 x 26'9Split level music room with Japanese oak floor, acoustic pine inlaid wall with two feature wall lights, curved mahogany beams with concealed lighting, feature windows including French doors leading to the rear garden, natural stone wall with cast iron log burner fireplace set into the recess with a stone base, four Victorian central heating radiators and hot water pipes.
14'5 x 13'Medium oak double glazed French doors leading to the terrace patio, Victorian central heating radiator, coving to the ceiling with ceiling rose and ornate light fitting and a traditional stone fireplace with an electric fire.
- Dining Room
27'1 x 13'2Stone fireplace, medium oak French doors leading to the terrace patio, original architraves, two ceiling light points, fitted Mahogany display cases with concealed lighting, two Victorian central heating radiators and carpeted over original cork tile flooring.
23'6 x 10'8A range of wall and base units with traditional fronts, complementary solid granite work surfaces and coordinated travertine tiled splash backs, surface sunken one and a half stainless steel sink with high sprout mixer tap and ridged drainer, Range Aga oven, smoke alarm, separate electric oven with four ceramic hob and fitted extractor fan, exposed beams to the ceiling, exposed stone wall, three skylight windows creating an abundance of natural light, floor to ceiling medium oak window to the rear with views over Pendle Hill, oak door leading to the rear and door leading to the utility or larder space.
- Utility Room
- Plumbing for a washing machine and dryer, hard wood double glazed window to the rear and Karndean flooring with original tiles underneath.
- Original stained leaded window, bespoke carved ceiling rose and architraves, stairs leading to the second floor with continued medium oak balustrade, solid oak doors leading to the master bedroom's dressing room and the second bedroom.
- Master Bedroom
13'2 x 11'Limed oak fitted furniture comprising of wardrobes with coordinated dresser and display shelves, television point, central heating radiator, coving to the ceiling with spot lights, limed oak dado rail and coordinated side tables and limed oak double glazed window to the rear with views over Pendle Hill.
- Dressing Room
9'1 x 5'1Limed oak fitted wardrobes and display shelving with coordinated drawers, spot lights to the ceiling, limed oak double glazed window, coving to the ceiling, central heating radiator and matching door leading to the en suite.
- En Suite
- Three piece suite comprising of a Korean His and Hers moulded sink with feature limed oak display cupboard with down lighting and vanity unit, low level WC with a limed oak lid and feature limed oak arched bath entrance with low rise bath and multi jet system with brass shower mixer, ceramic tiled elevations and spot lights.
- Bedroom Two
13'1 x 12'3Limed oak double glazed window to the rear with views over Pendle and the Ribble Valley, matching fitted furniture comprising of wardrobes with coordinated dresser and display shelves with plinth lighting, coving to the ceiling with spot lights and a door leading to the en suite.
- En Suite
- Two piece suite comprising of a low level WC and pedestal wash basin, central heating radiator and hard wood double glazed window.
- Bedroom Three
13'9 x 13'3Medium oak double glazed window to the rear with views over the Ribble Valley, exposed beams to the ceiling, Velux window, down lighting and central heating radiator.
- Bedroom Four
13'9 x 13'2Limed oak double glazed window, exposed beams to the ceiling, central heating radiator, spot lights and Velux window.
- Bedroom Five
13'1 x 6'8Medium oak double glazed window, central heating radiator and fluorescent stripped lighting.
- Avocado four piece suite comprising of His and Hers bowl sinks with tiled top vanity, fitted bath unit, low level WC and shower cubicle, tiled elevations, medium oak feature window, spot lights to the ceiling and fitted linen cupboard.
- Side access to multi vehicle garage for four vehicles and a boiler room with workshop.
- Flowing South facing laid to lawn garden with views overlooking Pendle Hill and the Ribble Valley, upper terrace patio, hedged borders, mature plants, trees and shrubs.
- Agents Notes
- Council Tax Band G.
The music room was designed by the architect Professor Mellor.
All descriptions advertised digitally or printed in regards to this property are the opinions of Keenans Estate Agents and their employees with any additional information advised by the seller. Properties must be viewed in order to come to your own conclusions and decisions. Although every effort is made to ensure measurements are correct, please check all dimensions and shapes before making any purchases or decisions reliant upon them. Please note that any services, appliances or heating systems have not been tested by Keenans Estate Agents and no warranty can be given or implied as to their working order.
Property Reference: 28431531
The advertised rental figure does not include fees.