Arrange a Viewing
The current EPC rating of this property is 59 (grade d), while the potential is 71 (grade c)
Energy Efficiency Rating
Very energy efficient - lower running costs
- 92–100 A
- 81–91 B
- 69–80 C
- 55–68 D
- 39–54 E
- 21–38 F
- 1–20 G
England, Scotland & Wales
- Three/Four Bedroom Property
- Deceptively Spacious
- Off Road Parking
- 2.3 Acres of Land and Lake
- Spectacular Open Aspect Views
- Idyllic Rural Location
- Waterside Property
- Commercial Potential
**WOULD CONSIDER PART EXCHANGE WITH EXCITING FUTURE BUSINESS OPPORUNITIES FOR LEISURE & TOURISM** ''The Fishing Lodge'' is an exciting proposition and its location is second to none in the idyllic village of Roughlee, former fishery situated in the rural heart of Lancashire. Boasting a 2.3 acre lake and surrounding banks which have all been well maintained, the property is a landmark of the Village and a must see! With possibilities to create a thriving home run business, such as a Lake side caf?, tea room or picnic site, the property boasts flexible accommodation which oozes potential and is certainly a credit to its current occupants. Positioned within the forest of Bowland; an area of outstanding natural beauty and with Roughlee being famous for its links with the Pendle Witches, this beautiful detached home is the perfect dream home for any growing family! Entering the property, you will find a small hallway which allows access to a lower floor and to a split level entrance hallway. The entrance hallway leads to a WC, single bedroom, double bedroom/reception room, utility room, kitchen and a spacious reception room which boasts lake views through large picture window. The reception room houses a multi fuel burning stove. The kitchen provides through access to a small back hallway which in turn leads to a conservatory. To the lower floor, you will find a newly modernised four piece bathroom, large double bedroom/family room, two further bedrooms and an office. The lower floor could potentially be transformed into a self contained annex, flat or cafe/eatery space which would be a perfect business opportunity. Externally, you will find a 2.3 Acre lake and surrounding banks, a brick built storage room, summer house to the garden area and Weighing Room with light and power, detached timber chalet with electric light and power. There is a timber decking area, two further storage sheds and a further shed to the end of the lake. The lake itself is river and stream fed. The property is warmed by oil central heating. Viewings can be arranged by calling our Burnley or Clitheroe team today!
- UPVC front entrance door with steps leading up to first floor and down to lower floor
- Split level Landing
- Coving to ceiling, ceiling rose, laminate flooring, central heating radiator and storage cupboard containing immersion heater. Doors leading to the kitchen, reception room one, two/bedroom, bedroom four, utility room and WC.
- Guest WC
- Two piece suite comprising of; low level WC, wall hung wash hand basin, panelled elevations, bamboo hardwood flooring, extractor, UPVC double glazed frosted window
- Reception Room One
21'03 x 11'00Deepset panoramic UPVC double glazed window looking out onto rear garden and lake, UPVC double doors leading out to patio, coving to ceiling, ceiling rose, two central heating radiators, four feature wall lights, feature multi fuel burning stove with York Stone hearth, surround and mantle.
- Bedroom/Reception Two
14'04 x 9'0Two UPVC double glazed windows, coving to ceiling, ceiling rose, central heating radiator, two feature wall lights
- Bedroom Four
8'9 x 8'8UPVC double glazed window, central heating radiator
- Utility Room
8'02 x 5'04UPVC double glazed window, coving to ceiling, bamboo hardwood flooring, Belfast sink and mixer tap, solid wood drainer and storage, solid wood work surfaces and storage, fully plumbed
9'01 x 10'04Panoramic UPVC double glazed window looking out onto lake, range of light wood wall and base units with laminate work surfaces, space for cooker and fridge, plumbing for dishwasher and washing machine, glazed units, built in wine rack, stainless steel sink, drainer and mixer tap, vinyl flooring, Worcester combination boiler, hardwood door back hallway which allows access to the conservatory.
8'00 x 5'11Full UPVC double glazed surround and UPVC double glazed door to rear garden, Italian Porcelain tiled floor, open aspect views across the lake
8'08 x 9'01Door leading to the hallway, central heating radiator
- Central heating radiator, doors to family room/bedroom one, two bedrooms and bathroom
- Family Room/bedroom One
11'10 x 21'00Two UPVC double glazed windows, three feature wall lights, central heating radiator, potential to request for business use and transform into shop or cafe.
- Bedroom Two
11'10 x 8'05UPVC double glazed window, central heating radiator and fitted wardrobes.
- Bedroom Three
10'08 x 9'00UPVC double glazed window, central heating radiator and fitted wardrobes.
- Four piece modern bathroom suite, comprising of a double shower enclosure, panelled bath with chrome fittings, high gloss vanity elevated wash basin, twin flush WC, fully tiled elevations and tiled flooring, radiator, spotlights.
- To the front of the property is a tarmacadam car park for public use; this car park is owned and maintained by Roughlee Parish Council. There is also private parking to the southern gable of the property offering one parking position for the private residents together with access to the lake as well as private parking for a second car on the shared driveway to the property.
- Patio area overlooking the lake with small storage shed. Wired up for a hot tub.
- Former fishing lake
- 2.3 Acre lake and surrounding banks, brick built Booking in Office Workshed and Weighing Room with light and power, detached timber chalet with electric light and power. There is a timber decking area, two further storage sheds and two summer houses to the end of the lake. The lake itself is river and stream fed. Potential to add business use and create lake side café or other business due to heavy foot fall on the Village.
- Agents Notes
- Council Tax Band D. There are six solar panels connected to the hot water system.
Long established fishing lake formerly used to run a fishery business, can be easily reopened to the public again for commercial use as a fishery. Alternatively, the lake could be used as a private fishery or for alternative water activities/leisure/recreational pursuits.
All descriptions advertised digitally or printed in regards to this property are the opinions of Keenans Estate Agents and their employees with any additional information advised by the seller. Properties must be viewed in order to come to your own conclusions and decisions. Although every effort is made to ensure measurements are correct, please check all dimensions and shapes before making any purchases or decisions reliant upon them. Please note that any services, appliances or heating systems have not been tested by Keenans Estate Agents and no warranty can be given or implied as to their working order.
Property Reference: 28568729
The advertised rental figure does not include fees.